[techtalk] IHTML and Apache on RH6.1

Amy amy at bpsinet.com
Fri Jul 7 16:51:55 EST 2000

Has anyone tried installing IHtml? Specifically,
with Apache 1.3.9-8 on RH 6.1? The owner
wants to try IHtml Merchant, which must first
have IHtml installed. Apache was already
compiled with shared objects enabled, so I
installed IHtml as per the instructions,
then restarted Apache, and it wouldn't
restart. I tried commenting out the
LoadModule lines that the installation
added, and it still wouldn't restart. After
various fiddling by me and the system
admin, we finally had to remove the httpd.conf
file and replace it with a backup copy. We even
had to use a tape backup copy because the backup
that IHtml made wasn't really a backup copy,
it had the LoadModule line for IHtml in it as
well. Has anyone had any luck with this?

Amy | amy at bpsinet.com