[techtalk] yet another solaris question ...

Amanda Owens amowens at radonc.duke.edu
Fri Jul 7 14:50:35 EST 2000

You should be able to set your path in a .bashrc or .cshrc file (depending
on your shell, I suppose - I seem to have both on my linux box at home,
though we run from a .cshrc file at work).=20

In a .bashrc the line would be:

export PATH=3D/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin

While a .cshrc would use:
set PATH=3D/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin
or
setenv PATH /usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin

Given that you're running tcsh, you'll probably need the .cshrc file. This
file is also good for setting up aliases and the like.

HTH.
Mur!