[techtalk] How do I get rid of login screen

Lighthouse Keeper in the Desert Sun ccovingt at one-eyed-alien.net
Fri Jan 28 14:43:14 EST 2000

On Jan 28, Davida Schiff conjectured:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Red Hat 6.1 and was wondering if there's there a way to boot directly into gnome without having to log in (anywhere). I am setting up the PC for my mom and need it to be very user friendly.

I've never done this, but from what I understand, runlevel 3 in RedHat is
login at gui.  (Unless it's 5, and I forgot again.)  Anyway, it says
somewhere amongst the documentation.  Or are you trying to get rid of any
login at all?  GUI logins tend to be ... friendlier.  THe computing center
at RPI (where I spent a horrid year deciding I hated grad school because I
wasn't going to work slave's hours for slave wages) used a GUI login for
their system (some form of UNIX, not sure which).
Anyway, it's a suggestion.  Hope it helps.

Conni

--
Hey kids, let's go to Chernobyl!
			-Vynce