[techtalk] GTK-engines paths...

Robert Kiesling kiesling at localhost.ix.netcom.com
Wed Jan 26 19:51:44 EST 2000

> When I use some of the GTK-themes, I get a "GTK-warning**: unable to locate
> module in module_path: libpixmap.so".
> I know I have libpixmap.so on my computer, where do I have to move/symlink it?
> Or rather, where do I change the path?

1. Try setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to the directory(s)
that contain libraries, like this (with bash):

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/lib:/lib"

I don't know what directory the GTK specific-libs are in, but you
should make sure that's in the environment, too.

2. Add your local library directory(s) to the /etc/ld.so.conf file
(as superuser) and run ldconfig.

You may have to do both of these, unless you know how to rewrite
GCC's config rules file(s)...

Robert