[techtalk] weird laptop problem

Robert Kiesling kiesling at localhost.ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 24 00:55:16 EST 2000

Kelly Lynn Martin <kelly at poverty.bloomington.in.us> wrote:

> Any ideas?  I'm going to try 2.2.current and 2.3.latest once I can con
> him into bringing it over to my house.

Not much.  Just tell him to purchase less bleeding edge hardware if he
wants to run Linux... really.  There's a URL for a USB bus page
somethere in the FAQ, but I'm told that the maintainer is too
preoccupied with other projects, so it may be invalid already.  Look
in the Documentation subdir of the kernel source tree for what
hardware is supported in that particular version.  He might have
better luck with Solaris or Be, btw.