[techtalk] Re: [grrltalk] CD-R Problems

Jenn V. jenn at simegen.com
Sat Jan 22 23:38:45 EST 2000

Jamie Walker wrote:

> Most Linux based CD-R(W) software can only talk to SCSI devices. To get
> them working under Linux, you use SCSI emulation whereby the kernel
> "converts" an IDE device on the bus into a SCSI device that the
> applications talk to. You don't need an IDE driver in this situation.

In that case, I don't use 'most Linux-based CD-R software' - because I've
never faced this situation. Maybe the fact that I've never run into it is a
Debian thing? Perhaps?

You live and learn. :)

Jenn V.
--
  "We're repairing the coolant loop of a nuclear fusion reactor.
   This is women's work!"

Jenn Vesperman    jenn at simegen.com     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn