[techtalk] Windows ssh clients

V Clarke vkc20 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 19 12:28:09 EST 2000

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Wendt,Andrew wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> >What are some ssh clients available for Windows platforms? Where can I find them?
>
> PuTTY is here: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/
>
> It's free... I believe it's written by one of the Nasm authors.

The original one, as a matter of fact. And (namedrop ;) I happen to know
him, so if you've got any feature requests, pass them on to me!

There is one important point: apparently it's not legal to use PuTTY in
the US at the moment due to laws restricting the import and export of
strong encryption. I'll check that but I believe it's the case. For those
of you outside the States, though, I'd recommend PuTTY as it's very
configurable and pretty fast too.

Vicky