[techtalk] where do I put a module to have it come up at boot time?

Marie Fischer fmarie at eau.ee
Mon Jan 17 02:44:50 EST 2000

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Samantha Atkins wrote:

> I recently added a scsi controller to my Linux box that was just IDE.  I
> can't seem to find the place to add in that it should install aic7xxx
> automagically at boot time.  I'm currently just installing it manually
> using insmod.   It seems like this should be pretty straightforward to find
> but so far I'm stumped.  I'm using RH 6.0.

So far,  I've put things like that into /etc/rc.d/rc.local,
/sbin/modprobe <module> <options> should do. However, there might be some
specific file to put it into, maybe du -a /etc|grep scsi gives you some
hint. (I don't know about scsi things, but just recently noticed there was
/etc/rc.d/init.d/lpd, 'til then, I had the printer modules in rc.local,
too :) ).

--
marie
<Marie.Fischer at mail.ee>