[techtalk] Partial execution of /etc/rc.d/rc.M

Beverly Guillermo mezanin at home.com
Sun Jan 16 12:14:41 EST 2000

On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, Subba Rao wrote:

> # Start Qmail
> if [ -x /etc/rc.d/rc.qmail ]; then
>   . /etc/rc.d/rc.qmail start
> fi
>
> # Start Samba (a file/print server for Win95/NT machines):
> if [ -x /etc/rc.d/rc.samba ]; then
>   . /etc/rc.d/rc.samba
> fi
>
> # Start GPM mouse server
> if [ -x /etc/rc.d/rc.gpm ]; then
>   . /etc/rc.d/rc.gpm
> fi
>
> # Start System V init scripts for this runlevel
> if [ -x /etc/rc.d/rc.sysvinit ]; then
>   . /etc/rc.d/rc.sysvinit
> fi
>
> # Start the local setup procedure
> if [ -x /etc/rc.d/rc.local ]; then
>   . /etc/rc.d/rc.local
> fi
>
> # All done.
>
> Everything upto (including) Qmail starts. All below that
> spews error messages. The messages are something like "command not found" type.
> When I run each script manually, they work fine.

=)

Could you give us a little more information about what command is not
found?  If the stall is after qmail, check your samba script, it's
possible it's trying to use something that hasn't been loaded yet and
causing the errors.

Can you give an output of the error message from boot up screen?

Beverly