[techtalk] fixing things, was: missing posts

Nils Philippsen nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Jan 5 00:28:10 EST 2000

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Kelly Lynn Martin wrote:

> Yup.  It's very easy to get Windows "wedged" into a state where it is
> virtually unrecoverable.  Although, technically, the problem you had
> here could have been recovered by manually editing the registry.
> Assuming, of course, you could figure out which of the roughly 100K
> registry keys needed to be edited.  Good luck.

Tried it. Failed. Need I say more :-) ? What bugged me most was that even
installing NT over the installation didn't help -- I had to blow it away
and start from a "clean" partition. Sick.

Nils
--
 Nils Philippsen / Berliner Straße 39 / D-71229 Leonberg // +49.7152.209647
nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de / nils at fht-esslingen.de / nils at redhat.de