[techtalk] Can't print to NT printer

Ian Phillips ianp at tibco.com
Mon Jan 3 20:55:49 EST 2000

> I need some help with getting this NT printer setup with Samba server.
> I think I have modified all the required files and don't know what else is
> missing. An outside observation should find the missing link.

Probably the easiest way to do this is to enable "IP Printing" on the NT box and just treat the printer as a BSD protocaol compatible device. If you're running NT Server this can work either way, if you're running workstation, I think that this only comes with the "IP Printing" client services so the printer will have to be physically attached to your Linux machine.

You can enable "IP Printing" by adding the service in your "Network Properties" window. If you've now copied your I386 directory from your windows CD to your Hard disc then you'll need your media to make this change.

Hope this helps,
Ian.

#ifndef  __COMMON_SENSE__ | Ian Phillips
#include <std_disclaimer> | TIBCO Software Inc.
#endif                    | www.TIBCO.com