[techtalk] Can I change my mind now??

Stephan Zaniolo eaglefeather at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 28 17:04:40 EST 2000

         Two ways (that I know of ;^) that you can do this.  It sounds like
you're booting into init level 5 (graphical login).  (Note: These
instructions are for Red Hat so they _should_ work for Mandrake)  You can
either edit /etc/inittab.  Find the line "id:5:initdefault:" and change the
5 to a 3.

 From /etc/inittab:
         # Default runlevel. The runlevels used by RHS are:
         #   0 - halt (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
         #   1 - Single user mode
         #   2 - Multiuser, without NFS (The same as 3, if you do not have
networking)
         #   3 - Full multiuser mode
         #   4 - unused
         #   5 - X11
         #   6 - reboot (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
         #

         Or, you can run linuxconf and go "Config - boot mode - Mode -
default boot mode" and click on "Text mode & Network".

Stephan