[techtalk] newbie question

Phil Savoie Phil.Savoie at learnix.com
Fri Feb 25 21:50:07 EST 2000

RSSri at aol.com wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to mount msdos on linux.  I edited the fstab file to mount msdos.
>  Would anybody please let me know if the "noauto" should be "auto" or
> something else?  Also should the last set of numbers be 0 0 or 1 1?
> Thanks
>
> ~Sri
>
> ************
> techtalk at linuxchix.org   http://www.linuxchix.org

Hi Sri

I would suspect you would want the auto as this allows for the fs to be
mounted using the mount -a option vice explicitly mounting the slice. As
for 0 0 or 1 1, I would go with 0 0 as this would indicate no for
dumping and no for fsck (unless of course you *want to* back up your
msdos fs with dump)

HTH

Regards,

Phil