[techtalk] A good intro textbook for Linux

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Tue Feb 22 02:02:55 EST 2000

Raven Damask wrote:

> # if disclaimer
>      I'm not sure whether this should be on techtalk
> or grrltalk, but it seems relevant here to me.

Sounds technical to me. :)

> in
> about a month or so, I'll be running a "Intro to
> TCP/IP Networking and Linux" course.
>
>      I know what I'm using for a textbook for the
> TCP/IP half of the class -- "Demystifying TCP/IP", by
> Michael Busby.  It does a pretty good job of
> explaining things clearly, and even covers some of the
> network-design things I wanted to show this class.
> But I'm a bit stymied when looking for an appropriate
> intro to Linux textbook.

They're not exactly textbooks, but have you looked at
Netizen's Open-Source (or Open-Documentation, or something)
'course notes'?

Check out 'Unix Basics', 'Unix Tools' and 'Internet
Fundamentals'. I think they're all on the website.
(lemme go check)

Ok. Internet Fundamentals only has the table of
contents, but the other two are up. The URL is:

http://www.netizen.com.au/services/training/modules/

The terms of use are on the site - think 'standard
open source terms' and you're pretty right.

Credit for those courses goes to Skud. Let her (and/or
the list!) know if you find them useful.

Jenn V.
--
  Humans are the only species to feed and house entirely separate species
     for no reason other than the pleasure of their company. Why?

jenn at simegen.com        Jenn Vesperman        http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/