[techtalk] Differences between linux distributions

Karolina Lindqvist pgd at algonet.se
Sun Feb 20 07:38:39 EST 2000

moebius at ip-solutions.net wrote:

> Another example, Apache by default
> stores most things in /usr/local, RH is in /etc/, same with Mandrake,
> Caldera (I believe goes with Apache). The list goes on.

Of course, my question is -- why? With linux it was a chance of having
a united environment, after the bad experience of 10 zillion different
unix version, all he same but all different. :-(
And now the same thing is happening with linux.

It appears to be hidden forces that want to make things so complicated
that they don't work anymore...

-- Karolina