[techtalk] Lisp (was: X Mail client recommendations)

Kelly Lynn Martin kelly at poverty.bloomington.in.us
Mon Feb 21 03:17:21 EST 2000

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000 16:58:14 +1100, "Jenn V." <jenn at simegen.com> said:

>Correct me if I'm wrong, but 'you don't know of any Lisp
>documentation besides what's in the Emacs distribution'? Are those
>the missing adjectives?

There are _lots_ of good books on LISP out there.  The Little LISPer
is a good guidebook, IMO.  (I have both the Little LISPer and the
Little Schemer -- they're good books.)  For Emacs LISP, the FSF used
to publish a Emacs LISP Programmer's Manual.  Poke around their
website, or just drop RMS a line and ask about it.  I'm sure that they
still have it, although it's possibly out of date at this point.

Kelly