[techtalk] Getting a computer on a network.

moebius at ip-solutions.net moebius at ip-solutions.net
Fri Feb 18 16:33:45 EST 2000

Hey All,
  I do not all ping responses in my network, as a matter of security. I
have futher disabled users from doing things like traceroute, host, etc.
The point to this is that there should be no need to do this in a work
environment unless you're on a network engineer side. If you're
responsible for the security of your network than why would you give the
slightest opportunity for someone to use them for unintended purposes. And
how many office people do you know that need to ping a host?
Harry