[techtalk] Squid config

Jenn V. jenn at simegen.com
Wed Feb 16 09:52:39 EST 2000

Subba Rao wrote:

> The cache_peer values have the following settings.
>
> cache_peer myhost.mydomain.com     parent    3128  3130  [proxy-only]
> cache_peer myhost1.mydomain.com     sibling   3128  3130  [proxy-only]
> cache_peer myhost2.mydomain.com   sibling   3128  3130  [proxy-only]
> cache_peer myhost3.mydomain.com      sibling   3128  3130  [proxy-only]
> cache_peer myhost4.mydomain.com   sibling   3128  3130  [proxy-only]
>
> I don't know if this is the right setting for cache_peer.
> Any input from squid admins appreciated.

I haven't configured squid myself, and my squid admin (aka husband)
happens to be off at a spec meeting for a couple of days.

But:

1. I assume you understand proxy peering (that your proxy goes
to the peers, if they have the relevent page, rather than the
page source) and intend to use it?

2. You don't /really/ have 'myhost.mydomain.com' in your actual
config file, do you? You've replaced that with the address of
your intended parent and sibling proxies, haven't you?

3. If you don't want peer proxies, comment the lines out.

Jenn V.
--
  "We're repairing the coolant loop of a nuclear fusion reactor.
   This is women's work!"

Jenn Vesperman    jenn at simegen.com     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn