[techtalk] SuSE -> Mandrake?

moebius at ip-solutions.net moebius at ip-solutions.net
Mon Feb 14 20:45:08 EST 2000

Hey Linda,
  Just an opinion not really an answer. Why go with Mandrake? Yeah the
kernel is optimized for Pentium and greater, this is something you could
do for yourself. It's not to hard and if you have the docs in front of you
it makes it a little easier.
  Mandrake, again just my opinion, is the Microsoft of Linux. Yeah they've
got 'pretty'graphical config utils, but they release products that are
almost completely broken. Bad sym links, incorrect dep's, services not
ready to run 'out of the box' etc. Plus their supposed compatibility with
RH is just that, supposed. I would recomend RH, Debian, Caldera before I
would Mandrake. Even Slack which is still the hackers linux.
My $.02.
Harry