[techtalk] converting vinyl to digital

stephanie1200 at netscape.net stephanie1200 at netscape.net
Wed Dec 13 17:44:16 EST 2000

I can vouch for md's too.  I dj and stuff, and it's great for getting a good digital mix down straight out of the mixer, and you can do some fairly fine edits, as well as delete tracks and change order.  There's an optical...um...out i think...in addition tot he analog ins and outs, which theoretically could let you get no-loss digital stuff on your 'puter for dumping into a sequencer or to a cd or whatever.  also, I have a portable which has an extra advantage when travelling to exotic places...you can get a little microphone and get better quality street recordings than with one of those stupid microcassette things, and you can edit out the junk and just keep the good stuff.  oh, there is also a brand spanking new standard that sony came ut with that lets you fit something like 2 1/2 hours on one md.

I got mine on sale at minidisco.com.