[techtalk] converting vinyl to digital

Kathryn Hogg kjh at flyballdogs.com
Tue Dec 12 15:02:35 EST 2000

For those of us who grew up in the pre-CD days, what do you use to convert your
collection of vinyl albums to a digital format? I've got about 500 albums that
I would love to convert if for no other reason than reduce the continuing wear
and tear of them.

I'm assuming that I'll need a soundcard with stereo inputs, something to record
from the line in,  possibly some software to remove/reduce crackles and such,
etc.  What is everyone else using?

While I'm at it, if anyone happens to know where I can a digital copy of
"Whatcha doin' to me?" by The Reds (1979) please let me know.  Nothing has
come up on Napster.

Kathryn Hogg