[techtalk] want linux free software/open source web tools

Caitlyn M. Martin caitlyn at netferrets.net
Fri Aug 25 11:27:17 EST 2000

Hi, Kathy,

> > Anyone have a list handy of what free software/open source web tools
> > (e.g., Dreamweaver; I already know about GIMP) are out there?

I use Webmaker for my HTML editing.  It's for KDE, but if you have the=20
necessary libraries installed you don't need to be running KDE to run it.=
 =20
Bluefish and SCREEM are other good HTML editors.

For animation and 3D video rendering you might want to check out Blender,=
=20
which is also free/open source.

If you are looking for drawing/vector graphics software, KIllustrator is =
a=20
halfway decent choice.

There's lots more, but that's pretty much all I use.  The real web pros o=
ut=20
there probably know a whole bunch more.

Regards,
Caity