[techtalk] Debian/proftpd problems... AGAIN

Kath ranger at optonline.net
Tue Aug 15 16:39:22 EST 2000

I had this problem once before (then I switched to Mandrake and now back to
Debian) and here it is again.

Let me give you some background on my network and box setup first.

 ------------
|                         | 24.189.24.207
|Win98/Mandrake |
|proxy/ipmasq      |
|______________|
______|               192.168.0.3 __________________
Hub     |----------------| Debian www/ftp/ssh |
______|                                |_________________|

           | 192.168.0.2
______|______
Win98             |
____________ |

(forgive the horrible diagram)

The issue is that when the Win98/Mandrake box is running the proxy, it cannot
ftp into the Debian box.  I can ping and use WWW, but when I try to access ftp,
I connect but don't get to login and I guess the connection timesout or is
dropped.  But when the Win98/Mandrake box is in Mandrake and running ipmasq, I
can ftp/ssh/www.

Any ideas?  This is really bugging me.  This problem does not occur when the
Debian box was running Mandrake.

- Kathleen

Come to #linuxgrrls on irc.linux.com!