[techtalk] Bios Password

Davida Schiff dschiff at exobox.com
Tue Aug 15 08:24:23 EST 2000

Hi Chris,

Check this site if you haven't already    http://www.tomshardware.com/
On a jumper less board you may be able to remove the cmos battery to reset
the bios. Also flashing the bios may help. (using a FD made on another PC
with the flash program). If you try to short the board with a screwdriver
you may fry it,  as asus boards are somewhat frail compared to others.

HTH,

Davida

PS: When I worked for Hitachi, I accidentally discovered that after
accessing the bios (phoenix) I was able to override the password screen by
hitting escape. I was then able to get into the bios and disable the
password.