[techtalk] /dev/modem

xtal333 at yahoo.com xtal333 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 12:17:31 EST 2000

Hi there!
This *teach yourself* stuff is getting a bit much as far as setting up my
modem to work with SuSE is concerned!
I have 2 serial ports on my PC; COM1 'n' COM2, IRQs 3 'n' 4.  However Win 98
(I'm dual booting) uses an internal modem connected to COM3 with an IRQ of
10....(?)
How can I override what YaST links to /dev/modem with the correct settings,
or is this one of those Winmodem known problems?  I'm using a Diamond
SupraExpress 56i.
It would be great to be able to actually *use* my Linux installation for
something :-)
At the moment I'm just tinkering about *sans internet*
TIA
Sharon