[techtalk] ISDN and Linux

Lyta Alexander lyta at sk.sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 14 09:30:51 EST 2000

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, Rachel Andrew wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've tried to do this before unsuccessfully but I thought I'd have another
> go at it.
>
> At the moment my network at home consists of two pooters. A doze box called
> George and a Linux box called Dot. ATM i am connecting to the net
> throughGeorge because I have a USB TA (I know there is slowly getting to be
> USB support for Linux but i dont have USB on Dot). I bought an ASUSCOM
> ISDNlink card for Dot as it is supposed to be supported by Redhat, and its
> in the list in isdn-config (redhat 6.2)
is this option in your kernel config /usr/src/linux/.config
CONFIG_HISAX_ASUSCOM

this is what /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Configure.help says about that
option:
HiSax Support for ASUSCOM cards
CONFIG_HISAX_ASUSCOM
  This enables HiSax support for the AsusCom and their OEM versions
  passive ISDN cards.

  See Documentation/isdn/README.HiSax on how to configure it using the
  different cards, a different D-channel protocol, or non-standard
  IRQ/port settings.