[techtalk] mailman help

JLG batgirl at SDF.lonestar.org
Wed Aug 9 09:48:09 EST 2000

A project I'm working on requires me to set up some
mailing lists and I decided to go with Mailman.

The CGI's are working great, but I am having some problems with
the mail end of things.

A user can sign up for lists, they are sent their confirmation.
When they reply to their confirmation it disapears into the ether...
no 'welcome to the list', and no record of their subscription on the list
roster.

I tried creating a list that didn't require a confirmation for
subcription and all the would-be list members showed up as pending and
upon approval got their 'welcome message'. When members posted to the list
the posts never showed up.

I installed Mailman from rpm on a Redhat 6.1 machine but wound up having
to rebuild a few times. all CGI and mail operations are running as the
user 'mailman' in group mailman.

 My 'users' are test accounts on the local
machine whose
account can send and recieve mail to eachother just fine.

according to the 'check_perms' script my permissions are all correct,
but I suspect that this mostly pertains to CGI

The mailman verson is mailman-2.0beta5

It sounds like mailman isn't able to receive mail correctly for some
reason.

Any help troubleshooting or suggestions for getting this to work
are appreciated. Let me know if there is any additional info I can
provide.

Thanks in advance

Jen

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
	batgirl at sdf.lonestar.org
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x