[techtalk] problems upgrading to gnome 1.2 and enlightenment 0.16.4

Caitlyn M. Martin caitlyn at netferrets.net
Sun Aug 6 21:07:31 EST 2000

Hi, Malcolm and everyone else,

> Oh dear! I would have thought (hoped?) it was harder to mess up the rpm
> database using gnorpm than using the command line. I didn't even think =
of
> mentioning it in my previous post because I tend to always use the comm=
and
> line for installing stuff, but had I thought of it, I would have
> recommended you use it. Disappointing to know you can still mess up a s=
ane
> installation with it.

I personally find kpackage much more intuitive and therefore harder to ma=
ke=20
mistakes in.  Of course, the command line rpm command is *always* good :)

You know, I always recommend that people who have a big hard drive instal=
l=20
both Gnome and KDE, largely because each has some apps that are better th=
an=20
the other's.  Of course, you can then run those apps running a completely=
=20
different, lightweught UI.  :)  Anyone else like xfce for older machines?

Take care,
Caity

--=20
Caitlyn M=E1ire Martin