[techtalk] A Seattle newbie

Elizabeth Aoki firegirl at drizzle.com
Sat Aug 5 11:19:06 EST 2000

Dear all,

my name is Betsy Aoki and I've just started up the Seattle Linuxchix
chapter. I have some experience doing this kind of thing because I founded
the Seattle Webgrrls chapter in 1995 and it is now about 3,000 women - but I
am an utter Linux newbie and I apologize in advance for dumb questions as I
work through my Redhat 6.2 install and setup tweaking.

I would like to know what you think the Linux tech "basics" are in terms of
what my chapter should cover for newbies like myself, and then to keep our
guru women happy, what whizzy items should we focus on? We meet once a month
for install parties  but I'm trying to get a few more interesting things
happening as well.

All feedback welcome as I drown in acronyms!

Betsy Aoki