[techtalk] Re: Newbie & all that

wny-tc at juno.com wny-tc at juno.com
Thu Aug 3 22:11:54 EST 2000

Thanks to Carla, Eva, Conor, Bill  and who am I forgetting???

Keith here in the Depths of the Great Bergen Swamps of WNY...

Considering the number of recommendations to go with the Caldera 2.4
instead of the Mandrake package, I will do that RSN,  that is as soon as
the 15-yr-old has her school stuff     and other minor things like the
gas & electric (and groceries!) are covered...

I will follow the advice of the separate Linux box soon, but I have a
separate (and idle) 1.6GB drive in this box, and will make that the Linux
partitions leaving the dreaded WinDoz95 on the other drive...

This  will also allow me to keep Juno going.  Has anyone any good ideas
on running Juno under Linux?  I realize that Juno denies that one can,
but one of my younger brothers (of the seven of them!) runs Juno 4.0 on
his Mac with a WinDoz emulator,  Crude and slow, but free...

I'll post back in a day or 3 when I gain a bit more ground, and I'll keep
reading.  Picking up the vocabulary will be useful down the road...

After I negotiate the slippery slope of the Linux Learning Curve, THEN
I'll try to sell  it to the YF & daughter, both of who are capable of
such, but unwilling to admit it at times (sigh)

73, Wm. Keith Hibbert, WB2VUO, Technical  Coordinator, WNY Section, ARRL
ARRL Life Member, President/Brockport Amateur Radio Klub
Ph - 716.494.1239
mailto:wb2vuo at arrl.net
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.