[techtalk] Partition table editting

Jeramia Ory ory at cosine.wustl.edu
Thu Apr 27 15:06:32 EST 2000

    Anyone on the list have any experience fixing partition tables with
fdisk?  I'm getting the impression from deja.com that it is doable, though
tricky.  I installed the Mandrake 7.1beta (for those wondering - don't
bother yet, the Xservers are still 3.3.6, not 4.0 as advertised, very odd)
last night on my machine which already had Win2k on it, and now the
partition table is screwed up, Partition Magic won't touch it.  Sigh.
Strange thing is I can mount and read both NTFS partitions in Linux, but
they won't boot, get an "error loading operating system."  Any
pointers/howto's appreciated.  Maybe it's a sign I should be working in
Linux more, as it boots fine...

Jeramia Ory