[techtalk] Silicon Valley [OT]

Jennifer Tippens jennifer at surfari.com
Wed Apr 26 15:13:35 EST 2000

Could anyone give me any local insight into the Silicon Valley area like where to live (Sunnyvale, Mountain View, San Juan, etc) for commute times, schools (I have an 8 year old), crime, things to do, etc?  I have explored siliconvalley.citysearch.com and other more formal reviews exhaustively, but I know that if someone asked about Nashville (where I am now) I'd say, "you need to live in the West End/Village area, " so I need more informal opinions.  I am moving out there very soon and wanted to know where to look etc. as I will pretty much have to find a place over a weekend visit.
Thanks for the help,
Jennifer