[techtalk] new tech site

Shelly L. Hokanson guppy3 at home.com
Fri Apr 21 20:14:51 EST 2000

Attention techies and writers!

I'm in the process of designing a new Tech web site - one with substantial
contributions from women (though men are welcome to contribute as well)!
This site will feature original articles, as well as tech news and reviews.
The content will cover both hardware and software. It is not dedicated to
all things Linux, but Linux based contributions are certainly encouraged!

I'm currently looking for contributions for the site, which will make a
non-advertised debut shortly, followed by an official release. All articles
submitted that are published will receive full authoring credits to the
writer (unless you would prefer to remain anonymous). Eventually I hope to
maintain a regular "staff" of voluntary contributors.

Topics I'd like to include for the debut include (but are not limited to):
hardware or software reviews, how-to's, opinions revolving around a
newsworthy tech topic, and intelligently formed comments on the Operating
System War between Linux and Windows. (If you have any other ideas you'd
like to include, feel free to contact me!)

If you'd like to submit a review, article, opinion, or comment, please
forward your content to:
shelly at linuxfreemail.com

It will certainly be reviewed, and though I can't promise to publish
everything I receive, I hope to find a place for everyone! (Please note that
I cannot return copies of what you send me, so keep a copy for yourself if
you need to!)

Any other questions - let me know! I'd like to have a draft version of the
site (including content) ready for upload within two weeks or so.

As for my backround, I'm a PC/LAN technician at a small computer shop. We do
mainly custom computer builds and networking for local businesses, as well
as implementing custom Linux based firewall machines for a broadband service
provider we work with. I have a bachelor's degree in Computer Information
Systems, and the MCSE certification (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer).
My technical interests include programming, web design, Linux, and network
security.

And yes - I'm a girl. =)

Thanks all!

Shelly Hokanson