[techtalk] Ether-Address and IP-Address

Michelle Konzack starone at cybercable.fr
Thu Apr 13 14:48:22 EST 2000

Hello again,

I was thinking, that arp/rarp can help.

rarp = reverse address resolution protocol ???

And I was thinking, if I have the MAC-Address and send
a request into the Internet, I get the IP-Address back.

So if I am looking for my stolen computers, I can
send all 5 minutes a request for the MAC-Addresses
into the INet and if one of the Computer is connected
I get the answer...

Michelle

--
Linux rebootet man in drei Fällen:
Neuer Kernel, neue (Board-)Hardware, Stromausfall....

Aber Windows rebootet man auch in drei Fällen:
Schutzverletzung, Bluescreen, keinen Bock...