[techtalk] Perl for idiots?

Robert A. Newman as919 at rgfn.epcc.edu
Fri Apr 7 22:18:51 EST 2000

>I would suggest getting the Camel book and Learning Perl, both published
>by O'Reilly, and there's another book called Perl in 21 days...it's
>written by a woman.  I can't remember her name off the top of my head, but
>I have the book at home.  I'll find out and send it to you.

Laura LeMay.  I understand her books are very good.  I couldn't remember
it off the top of my head either, but I visited her website once, and was
impressed.  It took the better part of 20 minutes to remember that,
first, her name was Laura; second, she was a niece to a famous Vietnam-
era general...Curtis LeMay...

Anyway, a search on these should get you her address.  She used to have
a darned interesting website.  Last time I was there (2 years ago or so)
she said her hair was dyed orange, she was into being 'Goth', but was
getting a bit old and/or busy for that sort of thing.

She's in the San Francisco area.  Must be doing dreadfully well to afford it.

I'm about to be disconnected, please excuse any weird stuff following this.