[techtalk] Printer stairstepping

Jennifer Tippens jennifer at surfari.com
Wed Apr 5 14:47:34 EST 2000

Greetings,
I run and am used to Red Hat.  A guy in the office3 runs SuSe.  He is having a problem with print stair-stepping.  We use the same network postscript printer.  When he prints from Netscape, the page is printed properly, but when he prints a text file, it stair-steps.  I gave him my printcap and tarred my whole lp directory and he replaced his own.  Same problem.  It works great on mine, but his stair-steps.  He uses KDE and if he prints from any of his KDE applications he still has this problem. I'm not familiar with KDE as I run Gnome pretty much exclusively.  Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot,
Jennifer