[techtalk] Linux Networking-to get queue lengths of adjacent routers for routing algorithm

Roopa D'almeida rooparda at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 02:20:32 EST 2000

I'm an BTech student developing a neural net
algorithm to find optimum path to destination
depending on the load(input buffer queue lengths)
at adjacent nodes. It is a decentralized
algorithm where each node(router) calculates the
shortest path to the destination from each of the
adjacent nodes and then finds a trade off between
distance to destination and load at each of the
nodes. I therefore need to dynamically find the queue
lengths at adjacent nodes.
I don't know how. Can I use ICMP. Please help.
I'm using linux at the router.

Regards,
Roopa