[techtalk] Two problems in RH6.1

Kelli Sheppard kelli at digitalmidnight.com
Sun Oct 31 08:38:12 EST 1999

First problem..

X is having the hardest time! It takes 5 minutes to load and freezes when i
close it.. I've tried shutting X down from windowmaker, gnore and
ctrl-alt-backspace.

The ONLY way i can do it w/o crashing my entire machine is Alt-F1 and doing
a ctrl-c. I've checked my monitor settings.. all seems normal.. this all
worked fine in RH5.2 and RH6 so i'm at a loss.. any suggestions? anyone else
have this problem?

Second problem..

I don't know what happened.. upon troubleshooting the first problem, i
seemed to have caused another..

I can connect to my ISP (ppp) but i can't DO anything.. no telnet, can't
browse.. nothing! The ONLY files i fiddled with was monitor settings in X11
xf86 config and i really don't think i goofed anything in there.. i've
looked.

again, any suggestions?

TIA

Kelli