[techtalk] No HTML/RTF messages, please!

Janus janus at magma.ca
Thu Oct 28 15:19:17 EST 1999

At 09:27 AM 10/28/1999 -0400, Steve wrote:

>Thanks for info. Hence this why I use Netwcapes mailed, not Neoplanet's
>Would like to ask a general question of what browser people use and why.
>Netscape and its mailer behave nicely to me. Eudor was a bit of a pain.

Since I do web design, I use about five browsers for checking the work:
MSIE5, NS3x, NS4x, Opera 3.x and Lynx, where viable, ie, for
information-oriented sites.  (If a site is graphics oriented, like the one
I am working on now for an artist-art teacher, I am afraid there is not
much I can do to make it text friendly.....).  For personal use, I prefer
NS, frankly, and have used Eudora for yonks without problems for mail when
on Wintel or Macs, and pine for UNIX/Linux...... Since I developed my
preferences while in a country that meters local calls, I have a prejudice
against online email and newsreaders -- still hear those 10 yen bits adding
up......

Someday, *soon* when I get my home Linux box, I am seriously thinking of
taking all my creation work over to Linux -- only problem is that the vast
majority are still viewing on MS.  And, according to the Gartner Group,
will be for sometime.....

Let's just hope they are *wrong*.

Janus
gotta get back to that art site now....