[techtalk] No HTML/RTF messages, please!

Lighthouse Keeper in the Desert Sun ccovingt at one-eyed-alien.net
Thu Oct 28 08:37:23 EST 1999

On Oct 28, Caitlyn Martin conjectured:

> It is really bad netiquette, particularly on a UNIX list, to send messages
> in HTML or RTF format.  *Please* use plain text.  At work, where I have to
> use Microsoft software I can read them, but have you ever seen what HTML
> looks like in KMail?  Most text-based e-mail programs?
>
> Many lists I belong to bounce HTML messages.  Be kind to those of us who
> don't use Microsoft stuff or Netscape 100% of the time, OK?

I want to second that!!
I *know* I already asked that people turn off HTML and stuff.  It does
annoying things in pine.  It shows up as a 2-part message: 1 part plain
text; 1 part HTML, please press v to view or save this as a file.  It
wastes space etc.

Conni

--
Let's drink to the dead lying under the water, and the crust of the blood
on the driven snow.

http://www.one-eyed-alien.net/~ccovingt

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Gulf/5817/