[techtalk] Flatscreen monitors

Amanda Owens amowens at radonc.duke.edu
Tue Oct 26 07:54:35 EST 1999

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999 jenn at simegen.com wrote:

> Shall I let you know if it makes a difference? I know anecdotal stuff
> 'in the wild' isn't research, but it can trigger research. :)

It'd be interesting, but I actually work in the cancer research field.
We're working with ultrasound to elevate tumor temperatures in an attempt
to shrink them with heat. It's all very interesting. I get to build
ultrasound arrays and sysadmin our 4 linux and 1 solaris boxes. :)

However, I'm sure the rest of the mailing list would be interested to
hear if the flat screen helped at all. Not to mention how pretty it
looks. If only so we can all drool with envy, then try to get our doctors to
write prescriptions for them so we can write them off our taxes. ;)

Mur!