[techtalk] Newbie: my printer.

Wayne Mehl wmehl at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 08:47:34 EST 1999

I used to work for this admin that set up printers from scratch. It
took him about two days to do it (he may have not been very good, I was
only a few months into my first admin job). He would never let anyone
else do it and we all though it was really difficult to do.

Later, I went to work at a new job with one of my buddies. He had set
up a HP printer to work off his Unix box. I said "Wow, you must be
getting really good at this stuff". And he said, "Yeah, I learned how
to put the HP jetadmin CD in the CD-ROM drive" LOL!

HP jetadmin makes it very easy to support HP printers and some other
brands (Lexmark). You can download the package at:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/networking/software/hpwj_linux_en.tar.gz.html

Wayne

--- Xavier Gutierrez Munoz <xgm at newton.fis.ucm.es> wrote:

> I would like to know if my printer is supported bay any Linux kernel
> version.
> It's a HP DeskJet 850 cxi (non Windows95 printer).
>
> Thanx in advance.
>
> --
>
> Xavier Gutierrez Muñoz xgm at newton.fis.ucm.es

> techtalk at linuxchix.org   http://www.linuxchix.org

=====

 "In art and dream may you proceed with abandon.
   In life may you proceed with balance and stealth."
                                 --patti smith