[techtalk] Rising RAM Prices

Vinnie Surmonde drachen at george.he.net
Wed Oct 20 10:56:08 EST 1999

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Just This Girl wrote:

> Perhaps it can be tied to the irrational seasonal phenomena of airline
> tickets doubling or more for flights near major holidays. (I fail to see
> how the same seat on the same plane going the same place costs an
> airline more at Christmas then it does in June.)

Not exactly irrational -- law of supply and demand. More people want those
seats at christimas than in june, so the airlines can get away with
charging more (ditto RAM and just about everything else)

> Me, I'm personally ticked off that 128M PC100 DIMMs have more than
> doubled in cost. I need a second one, but not as badly as all that $$$
> for it!

Yeah..I was going to go into build mode this month (computers for both me
and my family, the real one, not the birth one ;) ) but when prices
started jumping right at the end of the summer, I changed my mind...it'll
wait until spring :)

Vinnie (who will be getting two dec multias to tide her over until then,
though. wheee!)

--
Reality is a formality, an agreed upon set of lies -- J.D. Catron
Obligatory pathetic website at http://george.he.net/~drachen