[techtalk] To me it fast becomes a non-technicalissue...(COREL/GIMP/PHOTOSHOPetc.)

JoAnn Elliott welliot1 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Oct 20 12:11:27 EST 1999

WEll now, I feel the need to get involved in this one. I have used both, and
also Xara and Macromedia Fireworks, ooops, and also briefly Painter (and
others along the way). You can pixel paint all you want if you like, but I
do not restrict myself to that sort of painting, as I can paint with vectors
easily as well, once you master the vectoring tools, it is just a different
way to push the brush so to speak. There are so many methods you can apply
to the "brush" now days, that there IS crossover. Most people get set into
one method or program, and the programs are constantly adding more, as you
say. I am new to Linux, and only briefly tried out the gimp and
Killustrator, but will do more of it testing testing.

JoAnn