[techtalk] Secure web server...

Walt pippin at fred.net
Fri Oct 15 22:46:28 EST 1999

Jenn V. wrote:
>Dancer said: "that tells me he needs a 486-66 or better, possibly
>up to a state-of-the-art Pentium depending on how many zillion databases
>they want to run on the box."

That is good to know, but I'm not showing _that_ to the money-man!
I want to get _some_ kind of new system out of this! (Preferably self-
configured with linux-friendly hardware...) Although, I do eventually
expect to have a semi-large setup going and I want at least a slightly
scalable server.

>> I'm a pretty quick learner and I'm studying O'Reilly's
>> Programming Perl and I know Java.
>
>No need to reinvent the wheel. Password-protected sites are a much-required
>feature, and Apache has it covered.

I'm not necessarily learning Perl for this project, nor do I plan
to use Java, (per say, but perhaps a little jscript, not sure yet)

I'm just endeavoring to learn it so that when the time comes,
I'll know. :-)

Thanks,

Walt

-~

    Those who uphold the law must be wiser and calmer than those
    who seek to repudiate it.
                        John Lindsay