[techtalk] Different Linuxes - what's the difference?

Ingrid Schupbach ingrid at miranda.org
Thu Oct 14 10:28:53 EST 1999

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Janus wrote:

> All my experience (limited as it is) is with BSDI Unix and Red Hat. Having
> watched the ^H thread, I have become curious -- what, if any, are the most
> noticeable differences between the various flavours of Linux?

Linux Journal's September issue had a nifty chart comparing the various
Linux distributions which showed what each requires, costs, and and their
various features - it might be useful to you in making your decision. If
you go to

http://207.178.22.52/cgi-bin/frames.pl/index.html

you'll find a link to recent editions of the magazine - click on the
September one and you'll get there.

good luck :)

ingrid