[techtalk] Different Linuxes - what's the difference?

Janus janus at magma.ca
Thu Oct 14 07:15:46 EST 1999

All my experience (limited as it is) is with BSDI Unix and Red Hat. Having
watched the ^H thread, I have become curious -- what, if any, are the most
noticeable differences between the various flavours of Linux?

There is sime self-interest involved.  I am saving uip for an (off-line)
basic UNIX box, and will end up buying a CD.  Thus, the diference between
RdHat, SUSe, Slack et alia might be important, given my priorities for
learning (perl on a machine where messing up has limited consequences).

But, I also think it would be of general interest, ne?

Janus