[techtalk] Netscape and Java

kev kevin.porter at fast.no
Wed Oct 13 12:01:30 EST 1999

Hi,

By far my biggest gripe about using Red Hat 6 is that I have never
managed to get Java running in Netscape, ie as soon as Netscape (4.51
and 4.61) smeels Java, it bombs out. Well, sometimes it can take up to a
minute to crash, but crash it will every time it comes into contact with
Java.
I have tried the published fixes. The chkfontpath fix seems to fix it
for some people, but not for me. I am hearing of more and more people
having the same problem these days. I have to run Netscape with Java
disabled, which is a bit of a bind because I sometimes write Java
applets and so am forced to use Win NT to develop with Java, which is
quite humiliating :-(
How does everyone else get on with Netscape and Java (developing and
browsing)?

cheers,

- Kev