[techtalk] parallel zip drive

Kelly Lynn Martin kelly at poverty.bloomington.in.us
Wed Oct 6 15:51:24 EST 1999

On Wed, 06 Oct 1999 21:14:20 +0000, Deb Bassett <deb at urbanwide.com> said:

>Apparently it is a block device... however looking in /proc/devices, the
>kernel doesn't support the device though - so how do I change it so it
>does?? I'm still have newbie status me thinks...!!

Check to see if there's a module for that device.  If there is, insmod
it.  If not, you'll have to compile it, which means a kernel compile,
this time with the appropriate drivers enabled (either in the kernel
or as modules).  See the instructions for compiling the kernel that
come with the kernel source.

I don't know off the top of my head which drivers are required for
parallel ZIP drives.  I'm sure someone else here can provide that
information if you need it.

Kelly