[techtalk] problem

Di Gregory di at sleepy.giant.net
Wed Oct 6 07:43:35 EST 1999

Ok this problem doesn't directly relate to Linux, but...

Evidently while I was at work, my roommate was on my computer at home
(running win 98) and my cat jumped up on the keyboard.  He hit SOMETHING,
and all of a sudden the computer went crazy.  Windows started openinng,
and when you close them more opened up.  If you got a window with a space
to type in, numbers started being typed in (it was the # 4 I think) ...
like a turbo button got pressed or something.  I have no idea what the
cat hit.  Is there some sort of combination of keys that would do this on
a regular windows keyboard, and if so how do you turn it off? (I don't
really want to buy a new keyboard....)

Di